Tuesday 24 January 2017

politics and poppies and a coca cola advert....



So it's wanderlust art journaling week 3, this week our tutor painted flowers using ink and paintbrush to draw, then colour in, then repurposing a printed photo image of the original in two additional pages.  Most enjoyable, especially since I have never before considered using this style of painting in my journals.

Page one:



The quote is from one of my many art journalling reference books, and it struck a chord.  'Home is not where you live it is where they understand you'.  Despite being a migrant I am home and my adoptive country understands me and has made me welcome.

I thought a lot about 'where I belong' whilst doing these two pages,  hence my second page with my Winston Churchill quote.  It's a quote that makes me cry every time I read it these days....








The third page I decided to be a bit more personal and the story is just a few words about me...




 and then bizarrely I have this song stuck in my head - 'I'd like to teach the world to sing...'

Hmmmmm












1 comment:

  1. I love all three of your pages, I've managed page one but two and three are proving a little more elusive!

    ReplyDelete