Friday 13 January 2017

A bit of background

So week 2 of wanderlust... let yourself go our tutor said... not something I find difficult...hmm maybe she meant my artwork rather than my lifestyle???

Yes, well,  the difficult bit for me is watching the paint dry...

But - I AM going to leave the background to dry completely so I can start to journal on top of the background from tomorrow...



I enjoyed prepping this:  having printed out some of my favourite faces that I drew last year, I then ripped them up and stuck them down, layered up with paint and stencils.  Mandelas are not for me, so this too will become a face - since faces,  I believe are magical...


Yeah I think if you want to see magic happen just watch what truly holy people do...loving kindness - that's real life magic, in the worst of situations a genuinely good spirited human will be there able to offer a small gift of love.  As Mother Theresa said,

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."




2 comments:

  1. Hey Donna, glad you're on the same journey, I watched the lesson today and had to turn the sound off as music was sending me to sleep LOL. Quite nervous about painting over bits that look good, but will try and let myself go too. Loving the start of yours, looking forward to seeing it finished. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last someone with a blog doing wanderlust and in tune (or out)tune to WOYWW

    ReplyDelete